Chapter 43

Maya's pov:

I groaned as I lifted myself up and frantically searched for Brian. I turn to my left and find that side of the bed empty. An unpleasant feeling ran through my body as I noticed Brian's absence. I take my phone from the night stand and a piece of paper caught my eye.

I furrowed my eyebrows and picked it up before opening.

Good morning Dimple,                                                                                                                                                        I'm so sorry for not being there to look at your beautiful face when you wake up but it was getting late and I had to go to school. Also you don't like to be woken up. I'll come by in the evening.

YOUR BOYFRIEND!!

I chuckled at the note before placing it in the drawer. I sighed as I got up from the bed, completely exhausted from yesterday's incidents. I thought of me beating up Tia but my mind immediately drifted to Mel's state. 

I let out a groan as I rushed out my room remembering that I hadn't spoken to Mel at all yesterday.

I sprinted to her room which was on the other end of the floor.

I knocked and received a weak 'come in' as a response.

I open the door and stared at her. She was sitting on the bed and staring at me. I could feel the wetness in my eyes but I tried to blink it away.

I leaped and pulled her into a hug which she immediately returned. After a few good seconds I pulled away and scanned her face for any injuries.

"I am fine." She gave me a small smile.

"I should have just killed her." I grumbled. She cringed at my words but didn't defy me.

"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked, quietly.

She looked down and bit her lip. I frowned and held her hand, silently asking her to answer the question.

"We were just getting settled in. Mom and Dad were stressed about something with business. You had your thing with Brian and Sam..... was just Sam." She admitted and I couldn't help but let the guilt of not being there for my sister build up on me.

"Whoa!" She tightened her hold on my hand as she looked at me.

"Don't blame yourself May... I didn't want to be a burden and I thought this would eventually go away." She sighed.

"You can never be a burden so don't you ever think that. Got it?" I told sternly.

"I don't care what I am doing. You can come to me any fucking time. Even if it's the middle of the night also, I don't care. Just come to me. Alright?" I grabbed her shoulders.

"Yes.... I'll come to you but definitely not in the night. I don't want the black eye you gave Brian." She shivered before she started laughing. I playfully shoved her before joining her.

Just then, the door opened and Maria walked in. She looked at me with a different emotion before shaking her head.

"Freshen up. Mom and Dad need to talk to you." She directed towards me. I gave a weak nod and her eyes fell on Mel.

"Hey Mel, you feeling better?" Mar shot her a soft smile.

"Yep, all better that my sisters are here." She cheekily told.

"That was so cheesy." I scoffed and she giggled.

"Alright honey, you don't need to come down. I can get your breakfast here." Maria grinned.