Chapter One

Maya's pov:

I slammed my locker shut after grabbing my books. I put them in my bag and started walking towards the cafeteria. Just then, I heard a few voices calling out my name.

I turned around and find two of my best friends Dylan and Harper calling me. I grinned and waited for them to catch up with me.

"Hey Maya." Dylan nodded, shooting me a grin.

"May!!!!" Harper chirped, using my nickname.

"Harp. Dylan." I nodded and chuckled at Harper's excitement.

"Gonna skip lunch today also or what?" Dylan asked, nonchalantly.

"I'll come today."I answered.

"Sweet. You know who else is gonna come today?" Dylan smirked and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Who?" I asked, acting totally oblivious of who he was talking about.

"Brian!!" He sang and I shoved him. He only laughed in response.

Brian Smith. Brian fucking Smith. Dylan's best friend. Captain of football team and next in line for Smith enterprises, his family company. But most importantly, he is my crush. 

I really want to get over the ass but it almost seems impossible. 

Cause reason no. 1: He is in my friend circle.

reason no. 2: His dad and my dad are friends. Although my dad is currently in India. 

reason no. 3: He is everywhere.

reason no. 4: He looks like a Greek god

I could actually keep going but I'm gonna stop.

And about my family. Mom and Dad have been in India for last 4 years along with my little sister who is not so little anymore. I live with my elder sister, Maria and my brother, Samuel.

Maria is presently working as one of the directors in Dad's company 'Jackson Inc.' while Samuel or in short Sam is in senior year of high school. I'm in junior year of high school along with my buddies Harper and Dylan.  Where as my other older brother Jax(aka Maria's twin), lives in Australia and takes care of dad's business there. Sam might be joining Jax in Australia for college.

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Harp calling me.

"To the earth, Maya." Harp groaned and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Dreaming about Brian huh?" Dylan smirked again and I scowled at him.

Did I forget to mention that they love teasing me? 

"Shut up. I wasn't" I gave Dylan a playful glare and he chuckled.

"Whatever makes you sleep at night." He raised his hands in surrender and I rolled my eyes again.

We reached the cafeteria and I scanned the crowd. I heard a familiar voice calling out to me and I snapped my head in that direction. 

Sam was standing there, grinning at me like an idiot. I shook my head and walked towards him.

"Hey may." Sam ruffled my hair and I groaned in response.

"Hey Sammy." I smiled, innocently.

"You know I hate it when you call me that." He pouted.

"But you love me." I pouted back and he rolled his eyes.

Just then his eyes lingered over something behind me and my eyes automatically turned to where he was seeing. My forest green eyes are met with a breath taking ocean blue ones.

His hair in a messy state, as if he had just woken up. Pink lips situated in a thin line, eyebrows slightly furrowed, sharp jawline, and a body literally sculpted by greek gods.

He stalked closer towards us and stood in front of me. He literally towered me and I'm 5'7!!!

That is tall, isn't it?

I gulped and stared into his blue orbs.

I swear this is the only guy I'm intimidated by outside family.

I took a step back and tried to put on a strong facade but I don't think it's working.

"This is the third time you've beaten one of Dirk's puppets." He glared in my direction.

I totally forgot about that. Dirk is from our rival school. The bastard always needs to stick his nose up our school matters or personal matters. Almost makes our life miserable but we get away with it.

"Your acting like I'm the one going and provoking them. they came, so I had to." I scoffed.

"Come on, Dimple." He rolled his eyes and I sighed at the use of the nickname. He is the only one who calls me that and it sounds almost perfect out of his mouth.

"Sam, explain it to her. will ya?" Brian ran a hand through his hair. I looked at Sam who gave me a pointed look.

"You know that's what he is aiming for." Sam told and I rolled my eyes at him before walking away. I noticed Brian who shook his head and mumbled something under his breath.

"Third time huh?" Harp asked, nonchalantly and I groaned in response before nodding.

"You know he is just worried." Dylan tried explaining.

"Doesn't look like it." I shrugged.

"Come on. Both of you are so stubborn headed. He really cares about you." Harper placed a hand on my shoulder as I dig into my food.

"He is always like that. Don't go here. Don't go there. Why are you doing this. It's not safe." I mimicked Brian and Harper chuckled.

"And yet you like him." Dylan gave me an amused smile.

"I don't" I huffed.

"Sure and I'm pregnant." Dylan told with a blank face. Harper and I stared at him as if he had grown two heads.

"What? I thought we were stating the impossible." Dylan smirked and I gasped before punching his bicep. He groaned slightly in pain and I smiled and satisfaction.

I looked around and found Brian walking in my direction.

"Dimple, we need to talk." He stated. I sighed in response.

"Go!" Dylan pushed me off the chair and I stumbled but caught my balance. I poked my tongue out at Dylan and he just brushed me off. 

 We started walking towards the lawn area in our school.

"Okay look, I don't want you to even look at Dirk's puppets. No matter what they do. They are looking for a weakness-"

"You think I'm a weakness? You should have seen their faces after I beat them up and I'm the captain of the girls basketball team. What makes me look like a weakness?" I cut him off and he sighed.

"Listen Maya. Your not weak. Everyone knows that but they wanna hit your trigger spot which can make you loose control. So all I'm saying is just try getting as far away from them. Okay?" He grabs my shoulder and holds it in a tight grip. 

"I-I'll tr-try." I stuttered due to the less amount of distance between us.

"Finally." He sighed in relief and pulled away. I gulped and looked into his eyes to find them staring back at me.

After a few moments, I broke contact and he cleared his throat.

"The bell is about to ring. Go to your class." He told and I nodded before heading back.