Chapter 39

Maya's pov:

I was sitting on Brian's lap with his hands wrapped around me, protectively. We were still near the waterfall as we sat in a comforting silence.

"Why didn't you tell me?" His voice was surprisingly deeper than usual.

"Tell what?" I leaned my head on his shoulder.

"That you were scared of insects." He frowned.

"I didn't want you to feel bad-"

"I would never feel bad baby. I was so scared when I saw you panic like that." He whispered.

"I'm sorry." I bit my lip.

"It's not your fault. I should have noticed your discomfort." His frown goes deeper.

"Hey! It's not your fault at all. Say it with me." I turn and cup his cheeks.

"But-"

"I said say it out." I sternly told.

"It's not my fault." He sighed.

"Louder." I encouraged him.

"It's not my fault." He told, louder.

"Good." I grinned before pecking his lips.

He grinned at me and shook his head.

"Wanna go home?" He asked and I thought about it for sometime before nodding.

"Your place or-"

"My place. your coming." I informed.

"I don't think your father or Jax would like that." He amused.

"Dad is going out with his friends to 'catch up' so he won't be back until morning. Jax would be busy with Evie." I stated.

"Fine." he obliged.

We stood up and he immediately grabbed my waist before lifting me. I wrap my legs around his torso and put my arms around his neck before nuzzling in and closing my eyes.

"Eyes closed baby?" He asked.

"Uh huh." I nodded.

After 15 minutes or so he came to a halt.

"We reached." He announced and I opened my eyes and came in view with his car.

"You can put me down now." I told.

"I know but I don't want to." he pouted and I playfully rolled my eyes at him.

"Come on, we got to get home." I giggled as he left kisses all over my face.

"Ugh! Fine!" He sighed before letting me go.

We got into the car before he started the engine.

We reached around 40 minutes later. He parked the car in one of the spaces in front of the mansion. We walked in and found my mom and Maria talking on the couch.

Maria noticed my arrival along with Brian and shoots us a smile.

"Oh Hey guys!" Maria raised an eyebrow.

Mom turned and looked at me before smirking.

"I hope you haven't ripped her outfit, It looked good." Mom teased and the realization dawned upon me that I was still in his clothes.

"Oh no! Um.. Her clothes are back in the car." Brian scratched his neck out of embarrassment and I face palmed myself as those words didn't come out in the right order.