Chapter 29

Maya pov:

"Why are you guys so late and what the fuck happened to your face Maya?" Jax gritted standing in front of the door of our house. His eyes held concern for the bruises but I just shrugged.

"Well, I got caught with reality and let's say it took some time to process it." I shrugged and walked in with Sam trailing behind me. Jax banged the door close and walked towards us.

"Reality? What Reality huh? You know what kind of danger you can get in roaming alone?" Jax snapped. I looked up at him and found him glaring at me.

This night is just getting better.

"Roaming alone? You are acting like my family is in a gang and I have no protection for myself and people will be grabbing the opportunity to kidnap me." I scoffed and he froze. I internally smirked.

"Uh Jax-" Sam hesitated before I cut him off.

"So when were you going to tell me?" I asked as I folded my hands.

"I d-don't kn-know what y-your t-talking about?" He looked everywhere else but me.

"When were you planning on telling me that you owned a gang and a fight club in Australia?" I glared at Jax. 

"How did you find out?" Jax ran a hand through his hair.

"I went to Combattere club today." I sat on the sofa and waited for his reaction. His body tensed and anger was mixed with confusion on his face.

"What?! Who told you to go there?! Is it Sam?!!" Jax roared and I flinched slightly and so did Sam.

"I didn't take her there. She was already there." Sam shook his head, violently.

"What the fuck were you doing there Maya?!" Jax shouted and I cringed.

"I went for a fight." I muttered but he heard it.

Just then Maria and Evie ran into the living room.

"What the hell is going on?" Maria screamed.

"Fucking ask her what was she doing in Combattere club today?!" Jax fumed.

Maria and Evie stared at me in shock.

"Maya, what were you doing there?" Maria slowly asked.

"I went for a fight." I sighed.

"Who the fuck called you for a fight?" Jax gritted out.

"Gina. My senior." I rolled my eyes. There was silence for a few moments.

"I'm going to kill her!!" Jax stomped near the door and Evie immediately ran towards him and wrapped her arms around his torso.

"Calm down and listen to her." Evie told in a soft voice. Jax's body immediately calmed down and he wrapped his arms around her.

"So she called you?" Maria asked and I nodded.

"What else?" Maria asked.

"I got to know everything. Brian is in charge of the club and his gang 'The Devils soul' and Jax has his club in Australia and the gang." I informed.

Maria sat back on the couch and rubbed her forehead. She looked at Jax who was already looking back at her. They held eye contact for a long time as if they were mind-linking and looked back at me. He broke into a small grin. He got out of Evie's embrace and took a step towards me.

"Please tell me you won the fight." Jax grinned and I nodded vigorously before jumping out of the couch and hugged him. Jax wrapped his arms around me.